Connections is delighted to be hosting a myriad of industry influencers and decision makers.
The conference program has been designed in a way which will allow delegates the opportunity to pose questions and interact with presenters as much as possible. We are sure you find our list of keynote speakers and workshop presenters informative and engaging.
Dr Michael Carr-Gregg
Dr Michael Carr-Gregg is the Managing Director of the Young and Well CRC, and one of Australia's most prominent child and adolescent psychologists.
- Dean McWhirter - Assistant Commissioner, Family Violence Command, Victoria Police
- Paul Nixon - Chief Social Worker, Child Youth and Family Services New Zealand
- Lesley Fleming - Magistrate, Children's Court Victoria
- Kate Hawkins - Supervising Magistrate, Family Violence Court Victoria
- Jim Allen - Program Manager, Family and Community Services, Anglicare Eastern
- Dr Lyndal Bugeja - Project Manager, Coroners Court of Victoria
Lin Hatfield Dodds
Lin Hatfield Dodds is the National Director of UnitingCare Australia, and one of Australia's leading social justice advocates. A recognised expert on social policy and community services, she has served on a wide range of boards and government advisory bodies, and is a frequent media commentator and conference speaker
Paul Nixon is Chief Social Worker for Child, Youth and Family, Ministry of Social Development in New Zealand. Paul is originally from the UK and has worked for more than 25 years in Child Welfare, Protection and Youth Justice services always in a statutory setting.
Dr Russell Pratt
Dr Russ Pratt has been a Statewide Principal Practitioner with the Office of Professional Practice in the Department of Health and Human Services since early 2010. Prior to this he worked at the South Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault (SECASA) for over 12 years, including being the manager and senior clinician of the AWARE treatment program for youth exhibiting sexually abusive behaviours.
Day 2 Panel Discussion - Learning from the past and moving to the future
- Deb Tsorbaris - Chief Executive Officer, Centre for Excellence in Child and Family Welfare
- Maria Degabriele - Policy Officer, Uniting Church in Australia
- Pen McEnroe - National Head of Program, Child Wise